sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj CARTOON CAPTION CONTEST! - Progressive Eruptions Style

UPDATE:

The winners of the caption contest have been chosen.  I asked the artist to choose, since it is his cartoon, and he doesn't know any of the people who submitted the captions.  Thank you all for participating. IMHO all the entries were hilarious and worthy.    This was fun, and I think I'll ask my BiL to do another cartoon caption contest in the future.

Here are the first, second, and third place winners:

First Place:  Sue:  "Oh Honey I wish I could do it too...Here, let me hold it for you."

Second Place:  The J Mopper:  "Perhaps THIS trickle-down effect can help him get a job"


Third Place:  Malcolm:  "Honey, you are such a whiz!"

You now have the privilege of being the first three inducted into the Progressive Eruptions Hall of Extreme Excellence and Fame.

Congratulations to everyone!








 
Now that the GOP has taken over the House of Representatives, I thought we'd have a bit of fun with them.

My brother-in-law, an artist and cartoonist, showed me his latest creation over the holidays.  He thought it would be fun if I asked my readers to offer a caption for the cartoon, which depicts a veddy, veddy wealthy couple standing in front of a poor blind chap while a golden liquid, coming from the Daddy Big Bucks guy, is streaming into the beggar's cup, and it is the veddy, veddy rich lady speaking.

My brother-in-law came up with two very good captions:

"I know it's just a metaphor, but I love it!" and "It's so grand to be a Republican!"

The reward for the best caption?  A place in "Progressive and Constitutional Eruptions'" Hall of Extreme Excellence and Fame."

BTW, as you may have noticed, I've temporarily changed the name of this blog to reflect this country's--well the incoming GOP's-- extreme devotion to and fetishizing of the Constitution.  I think we all need to get on board and show the blogsphere who loves the Constitution more. [/sarcasm/]

(One wonders where these GOP Constitution worshippers were during the 8 years of GWB's administration.  I guess the GOPers worry about the USC only when a Democrat is in office, because they sure as hell didn't care about the Constitution when GWB and the Republicans were the party in power for SIX long years--y'know, when we attacked a country that didn't attack us and Tom DeLay was committing felonies while he was the House Majority Leader. )

One final thing:  please take note of the message from the venerable Thomas Jefferson under PaCE's title.  Interesting, wot?

Here's the cartoon.  Have fun!

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Preview on Feedage: progressive-eruptions-style Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
 
Top